Water is Life
This is a FREE Workshop! $10 Donations are gratefully accepted to continue making workshops like this available to everyone.
Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016 10:00am-1:00pm @ Lyon’s Arboretum 3860 Manoa Rd
Saturday, Sept. 10th 8:00am-10:00am @ RevoluSun Smart Home 210 Ward Avenue
Friday, Sept.9th 8:00am-Noon @ Harold L. Lyon’s Arboretum 3860 Manoa Rd
In this workshop you will learn about:
- A Holistic Approach to The Importance of Water
- A Discussion About Dakota Access Pipeline Development
- Speaking Out in a Positive and Non-Violent Manner Through Creative Expressions on Protecting Our Natural Resources
Speaking Up about Dakota Access Pipeline
Dakota Access Pipeline situation
Dakota Access has developed a project creating a pipeline also known as Bakken Oil Pipeline to transport 470,000 barrels of crude oil a day from North Dakota through South Dakota, Iowa and to Illinois. The Standing Rock Sioux tribe filed a complaint "the construction and operation of the pipeline...threatens the Tribe's environmental and economical well-being, and would damage and destroy sites of great historic, religious and cultural significance to the Tribe." -CNN Dakota Access Pipeline Explainer August 31, 2016 If the water gets contaminated with oil, we will lose one of our most natural resources necessary to live!
How you can help
1. Sign the petition to the White House to STOP DAPL
2. Call or Email your Congressional Representative or Senator AND call North Dakota governor Jack Dalrymple at 701-328-2200. You can leave a message stating your thoughts about this. Call or Email your Congressional Representative or Senator here
3. Donate to support the Standing Rock Sioux
4. Donate items from the Sacred Stone Camp Supply List
5. Use social media to spread the word-to help trending use the hash tags #HonortheTreaties #NoBakken #SacredStoneCamp #STOPDAPL #MniWiconi #SacredWater #NODAPL #RezpectOurWater #StandwithStanding Rock
Make a difference
Whether you are Native American or not, whether you live in the U.S. or not, everyone on this planet relies on water for its survival. Without water, we have no food. Water nourishes us in our body and soul. We must protect our natural resources. If we do not, who will? We have only one planet we can live on, shouldn't we treat is as our last?
6. Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414. Tell President Obama to rescind the Army Corps of Engineers Permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline.
7. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense Fund
8. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp gofundme account
9. Call the Army Corps of Engineers and demand that they reverse the permit at (202) 761-5903
10. Sign other petitions asking President Obama to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
11. Join me in creating posters that say things like "Water is Life, Protect Our Water, Protect Our Life" "Protect Our Natural Resources".
12. Join me in waving posters to create a national movement on paying attention to our natural resources and protecting culture, traditions, people and nature.